Vietnamese Chicken Soup in 15 minutes Recipe
- 1 ounce cellophane noodles
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Soak noodles in very hot tap water. While noodles are soaking, cut chicken into thin julienne strips.
Heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken; garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
Cook, stirring for 1 minute; then add broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is done, about 8 minutes. Drain noodles and cut into short pieces, about 1-1 1/2 inches long. Arrange noodles in bottom of bowls; ladle soup over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, onion, and basil. Serve with”Tuong Ot Sriracha” (Vietnamese hot sauce), or chile paste, if desired.
See glossary for recipe ingredients you’re not familiar with.