Spinach Soup in 8 minutes Recipe
- 1 bag of frozen spinach (Birdseye)
- 2 cans of chicken stock
- 1 cup of milk
- 1T butter
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Dollop of sour cream
1. Bring frozen spinach to a boil with the 2 cans of broth.
2. Simmer the spinach for about 5 minutes, don’t overcook or the fresh green color will turn brownish.
3. Reduce heat and ladle the soup in a blender and blend or use a stick blender and blend in the pot (recommended).
4. Pour in the milk and butter and stir until blended and butter melted.
5. Add the salt and pepper to taste as well as a pinch of nutmeg.
6. Finish the soup off with a dollop of sour cream (optional).