Ginger Carrot and Orange Soup Recipe
- 1 oz onions, chopped
- 1 lb or 4 medium carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 oz potatoes, chopped
- 1 pint stock/water
- 1-2 tbsp grated ginger
- juice of 2-3 oranges
- zest of ½-1 organic orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil to sauté
- small slice of butter (optional)
1. Rough chop onions. Scrub and rough chop carrots, celery and potatoes.
2. Saute onions and celery in oil in the bottom of a large saucepan. After a few minutes add carrots, and continue to sauté until onions are beginning to go pearly. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
3. Stir in the potatoes, then add enough water to cover the vegetables by a couple of inches.
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the orange juice, zest (if using) and grated ginger.
6. Blend the soup.
7. Add more stock/hot water/orange juice to achieve desired thickness.
8. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, bouillon powder and a little butter.