Dr. Brett Ferdinand’s Easy-to-Make Chicken Soup Recipe
1 1/2 lbs chopped boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 cups water
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery (optional)
2 c sliced carrots
1 T salt (if you need less salt in your diet, decrease)
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t thyme
1/4 t sage
1/3 cup parsley (flakes or real)
- Cook chicken in enough water to cover, on the stove or in the microwave.
- Drain chicken and place in water and bring to a boil. When you reach boiling point, turn the stove down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- While you wait for the water to boil, sauté the vegetables. Carefully- stir them often so they don’t overcook.
- Bring your chicken soup recipe to life with vegetables and herbs, adding them to the simmering water. Simmer for 20 additional minutes.
- This chicken soup recipe serves 6 people.
- Make this recipe ahead of time, it improves overnight and heats up quickly.
- Dress up your soup recipe by adding a 12 ounce of tortellini for the last 10-12 minutes of cooking time (or add to a reheat after storing overnight).