Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 chicken breast, boned, skinned and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] curry powder [optional]
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch [diluted in just a little water]
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream
In a casserole, brown chicken dices and carrot and onion slices in hot olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring.
Meanwhile, season to taste with savory, salt, pepper and, if desired, with curry powder.
Stir in chicken broth and diluted cornstarch; bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in cream and reheat, over low heat, for 15 minutes.