Asparagus Soup non-dairy Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 cups bites-sized cauliflower florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 4 cups asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
1. In a teakettle or small pot, bring water to a boil.
2. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, dill seeds, and salt and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until onions begin to soften and ingredients are fragrant.
3. Add cauliflower and celery and continue to saute 5 minutes more, until celery is bright green and cauliflower has begun to soften.
4. Add boiling water to pot along with asparagus, basil, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer soup 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
5. Puree soup in batches in blender or with a hand-held immersion blender, until smooth.
6. Return to pot and heat through. Serve piping hot.