Thai Cantaloupe Soup Recipe
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (or 1 tomato, chopped)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons nuoc nam (fish sauce)
- 1 green onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (minced)
Half cantalope and discard seeds. Scoop out flesh and set aside. Reserve shells to use for “bowls”. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add cantalope flesh and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
Add the next 5 ingredients listed above and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Puree in batches or use a stick blender. Re-heat the soup and ladle it into shells. Top with the last 3 ingredients.