Tarragon-Leek Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 medium leeks, sliced with green tops
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup red wine
1. Heat oil in large soup pot. Saute leeks, garlic, and salt until garlic is golden.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
3. Slowly stir in tomatoes, tomato juice, and stock, and cook until mixture thickens. Add honey and tarragon, and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add red wine and serve immediately.