Superbowl Black Bean Chili Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, cut in chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into bite-size squares
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite-size squares
- hot chili peppers, chopped, to taste-be brave!
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large 29-ounce can tomatoes, cut up (reserving juice)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups beef stock
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 15½-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed (thus reducing the explosive side effects)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
1. Brown the beef in a large saucepan until oil forms in the pan. Toss in the onions, garlic, and all the peppers and sauté until soft.
2. Stir in the chopped tomatoes (reserving juice) and let them cook down over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, and let it cook down.
3. Pour in the reserved tomato juice, the beef stock, and the tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Add the beans and let boil for several minutes.
4. Reduce the heat, stir in the chili powder and cumin, partially cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
See glossary for recipe ingredients you’re not familiar with.