2.5 lbs. mutton ribs, trimmed, cleaned
5 oz: onions, peeled, chopped
3/4 oz : garlic, peeled, crushed
3/4 oz: green chillies, sliced
1 oz: galangal (blue ginger), peeled, grounded
2 oz: KNORR Perencah Seasoning Powder
3 quarts : water
1 oz: MAZOLA Corn Oil
3/4 oz: ginger, peeled, grounded
6 : black cardamom seeds, crushed
3/4 oz: curry powder
1/2 oz: white poppy seeds
1 oz: coconut milk
1/2 oz: white peppercorns, freshly grounded, to taste
onions, peeled, sliced, fried
spring onions, sliced
10 spg : cilantro leaves, trimmed,
1. Place the mutton ribs, chopped onions and garlic, sliced chillies, galangal
and perencah seasoning in a stock pot. Fill it with 3 litres of water. Bring
to a boil and reduce to low heat. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until the mutton
ribs is tender.
2. Gradually skim the fat with a spoon. Strain, keep the stock aside. Remove
the mutton meat from the bones.
3. Cut the meat into small pieces and keep warm.
4. Heat corn oil in a soup pot over medium heat, add in grounded ginger, crushed
cardamom seeds, curry powder and white poppy seeds and sauté until fragrant.
5. Add in the coconut milk, the stock and the cooked mutton meat. Bring to a
boil and reduce to low heat.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes and adjust seasoning.
7. Place the soup in 10 warmed soup plates and garnish with fried onion, sliced
spring onions and coriander leaves.
Served with either bread or rice