Leftover Cabbage Soup Recipe
As you prepare your omelets in the morning, chop up two of the following: onions, cloves of garlic, potatoes and carrots and store separately in the refrigerator in covered plastic containers. When you start making this cabbage soup recipe, most of the prep work’s already done, so you can quickly make and enjoy your soup.
2 cloves garlic
2 T olive oil
3 cans chicken stock or broth
1 head green cabbage
Salt & Pepper
1/4 c parsley
Blue cheese or other crumbled cheese (optional)
- Chop leeks, garlic and onions. Cook leeks, garlic and onions until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the carrots and add to vegetables with chicken broth and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and add when broth begins to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped and cored cabbage and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings.
- This recipe serves 6-8 people.
- Dress up your soup recipe with a sprinkling of crumbled cheese in each individual serving bowl.