Boise Idaho’s Leftover Potato Soup Recipe
“This potato soup recipe is loved by even the pickiest eaters in our family. And, it makes great use of leftover odds and ends in the refrigerator at the end of the week.
It’s good plain, or piled high with leftover breakfast bacon and grated cheese”.
4 c diced raw potatoes
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery (optional)
2 T butter
3 c whole milk
Salt & Pepper
1/4 c chopped parsley
- Simmer vegetables in 1 quart water for 30-40 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Drain any remaining water.
- Add butter, seasonings and milk and allow soup to heat again, stirring often until blended.
- Variation: Crumble leftover breakfast bacon and grated cheddar cheese on top of individual serving bowls before serving.
- Potato soup recipe serves 6.